Applications and Forms
Please read the information (PDF) thoroughly before submitting your application!
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NEED TO INCLUDE:
- Copy of original social security cards for all household members
- Copy of picture I.D. for all household members 18 years of age or older
- Copy of birth certificate is required for children
- Copy of papers from INS showing legal immigration status
- Signatures of all household members 18 years of age or older
After you have completed an application and have been placed on the waiting list, it is your responsibility to notify the office if:
- Your mailing address changes; or
- Your family size changes; or
- You no longer wish to be on the Fargo Housing and Redevelopment Authority waiting list.
NOTE: If FHRA correspondence is returned because of an incorrect address, your application will be removed from our waiting list and you will need to reapply.
Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
Please be advised that FHRA's order of preference, regardless of date and time of application is:
- Head of Household is near elderly, 50 years of age or older
- Head of Household has custody of minor children that reside in household (minor children under 18 years)
- Household member is eligible for U.S. Veteran status.
- Head of Household is disabled (physically, mentally, or emotionally)
- Victims of domestic violence - Locally
- Those displaced as a result of a local natural or manmade disaster.
- AmeriCorps Vista members serving a term service in the Fargo area.
- Persons moving into the Graver Inn.
- Persons moving into Sisters Path Treatment Center.
- Persons who reside in Cass or Clay County at the time of application.
At determined times, applicants are notified as to whether they wish to remain on the waiting list. It is important that the instructions in the letter be followed.