Yes, we call that portability. Housing Choice Vouchers may be transferred to another Public Housing Authority’s service area if you have lived in your home for at least one year. However, the Housing Authority that covers the area you are moving to must currently be accepting HCVs. Contact your future area’s Housing Authority for more information. You may also contact us for help in transferring your voucher.